As traditional organizational boundaries expand, there are a number of different strategies hospitals and physician practices can deploy to successfully achieve alignment across clinical, financial and technological lines. In this recent HITECHanswers article, Jeff Wood, vice president of product management at Navicure, discusses several strategies, including:
- Building a culture that embraces change.
- Matching hospital objectives with practice incentives.
- Establishing interoperability between key IT systems.
- Adjusting workflow processes.
- Establishing and monitoring key performance indicators.